Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quick Tortilla Soup

If you ever need a QUICK base for tortilla/taco soup, just mix equal parts chicken broth and mild enchilada sauce (this is another one of my father-in-law's creations). I did this last week when we were all sick because we wanted soup, but didn't at all feel like cooking. The base is great, full of flavor and zest. Really anything would be good to add here....shredded chicken, zucchini, pinto or black beans, corn, onions, ect. And of course, top with avocado, cilantro, lime (it's really a must, lime really brings out so much flavor), cheese, sour cream. You know. The basics.

Just 1:1 broth and sauce







It will look like this:



Then just add whatever you like. We did avocado, cilantro, lime, hominy, and shredded cabbage.

Note: be sure to use mild enchilada sauce because it even has a kick! The hot is too spicy in my opinion.

Enjoy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a winner to me :) I'll come back to this post and get to cookin soon. I made the pot roast tacos monday... yummy! i wanted to just sit down with the cabbage and dig in. that stuff is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete